The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Despite Obama/Coons' Lies, Canadian Oil Reaching Gulf Coast

Started by Anonymous, January 18, 2015, 03:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Despite all the lies that blocking Keystone would mean shutting in Canadian oil and our oil having impacting climate(which has been debunked by both Andrew Weaver and the IEA) our oil IS reaching tidewater just as liars like Obongo and Sen Coons said it wouldn't.

Newly completed pipelines to carry more Canadian oil to Gulf Coast

QuoteRickford said the U.S. will continue to be an important customer for Canada's oil, even as that country develops huge amounts of crude from deposits in North Dakota and Texas.

The recent collapse in oil prices to below US$50 a barrel has been due, in part, to the enormous volumes flowing out of U.S. shales.

"We see new opportunities in Europe and the Pacific Basin. These are countries and markets that are have already invested heavily in our energy sector in Canada and find great appeal in the political and economic stability in Canada and obviously the abundance of the resource," said Rickford.

"While exports to the United States remains a significant cornerstone piece of our market diversification strategy, there is no question that market diversification for Canada means creating new opportunities for new markets and moving away from an overreliance to one single customer."

The 600,000 barrel per day Flanagan South pipeline, operated by Enbridge (TSX:ENB), runs from Pontiac, Ill., to a key oil storage hub in Cushing, Okla.

The Seaway pipeline, with a capacity of 850,000 barrels per day, funnels some of the crude from Flanagan South from Cushing to the Texas coast. Enbridge has a 50 per cent stake in Seaway, but it's operated by partner Enterprise Products Partners.

The projects will help boost the bottom lines of crude producers, whose margins are being squeezed by low prices, Rickford said.

Federal Finance Minister Joe Oliver also stressed the need for market diversification a day earlier when he talked to a Calgary business crowd, but had a less rosy view of U.S. demand for Canadian crude.

"It is a matter of urgent national interest that we move our oil to tidewater because our only customer, the U.S., has found vast amounts of shale oil and gas and will need us less and less. If we do not access new markets our resources will be stranded and a huge opportunity will be lost" he said.

"But more than that, the Canadian economy will suffer a major decline, which will affect every region of the country from coast to coast to coast. The U.S. economy is benefiting enormously from the shale revolution. It would be foolhardy in the extreme for us to sit on the sidelines and watch our neighbour prosper while we settle for mediocrity and decline."

The Flanagan South and Seaway expansion are starting up as Keystone XL, a controversial proposal that would also help connect Canadian crude to the Gulf, drags into its seventh year of regulatory limbo.

On Friday, Calgary-based TransCanada (TSX:TRP) feted the first anniversary of its Gulf Coast pipeline, which also runs from Cushing to the Texas coast. That project was initially conceived as part of Keystone XL, but the company decided to build the southern portion first while it awaited a permit for the cross-border segment.

In its current iteration, Keystone XL would cut diagonally from the Saskatchewan-Montana border to Steele City, Neb., where it would connect with the existing Keystone system. The 830,000-barrel-per-day project would offer a more direct route for Alberta crude to get to the Gulf, but would tap into some U.S. fields as well.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1777223/newly-completed-pipelines-to-carry-more-canadian-oil-to-gulf-coast/">http://globalnews.ca/news/1777223/newly ... ulf-coast/">http://globalnews.ca/news/1777223/newly-completed-pipelines-to-carry-more-canadian-oil-to-gulf-coast/

Anonymous

Another blow for OPEC scumbags and all the big money anti-Canadian oil groups they act as a sugardaddy to. Replacing oil from producers that don't give a fuck about human life let alone the environment is good for people and the planet.
Quote(Reuters) - Exxon Mobil Corp's new joint-venture oil-by-rail terminal in Canada, set to be the nation's largest, will begin shipping crude directly to its own refineries in Illinois and Louisiana by March, another reminder that pipeline delays are not stopping the rise in oil sands exports.

Production from the company's Kearl field project is expected to ramp up later this year, when Exxon would hope to move the crude via pipeline, including the controversial Keystone XL pipeline.

But delays led Exxon's Canadian subsidiary Imperial Oil Ltd and pipeline giant Kinder Morgan Inc to announce plans a year ago to build the rail terminal in Edmonton, Canada. In August, they said they would expand capacity to 235,000-barrel-per-day, with first shipments from the $232 million terminal this quarter. But they had not detailed who would buy the oil.

Previously unreported federal documents reviewed by Reuters reveal two of the prime buyers: Exxon's 238,000-bpd refinery in Joliet, Illinois and its 502,500-bpd refinery in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, both aided by major new offloading rail terminals.

In papers filed with the U.S. Surface Transportation Board in December, logistics firm CenterPoint Properties said ExxonMobil would send crude through a newly constructed rail terminal owned by its unit Joliet Bulk, Barge & Rail LLC.

Trains run by Canadian National will be unloaded at the facility and sent via a 210,000-bpd pipeline to the ExxonMobil refinery in Joliet, four miles (6.4 km) away, the filing said. CenterPoint, of Oak Brook, Illinois, declined to comment.

A different facility, being built by Genesis Energy LP, will allow Exxon to bring the crude to its Baton Rouge plant, the third largest in the United States, where it could be used to replace imports from Saudi Arabia, Chad or Mexico.

ExxonMobil spokesman Todd Spitler said that the company also plans to bring the crude to Baton Rouge port. Spitler did not say where the crude at the port would eventually head, but it could be re-exported or sent to other U.S. refineries.

The new terminals will allow ExxonMobil and Imperial Oil to start moving more quantities of sand-oil out of their multibillion-dollar joint project in Kearl, Canada. Delays on pipelines, including the Keystone XL, have forced the companies to pursue rail transportation.

MORE FOR CANADA

ExxonMobil has already upgraded its Joliet refinery to run the heavy Canadian crude. The refinery receives roughly 65,000-bpd of crude imported from Canada in recent years, the majority of which is heavy sour, according to U.S. data.

The Canadian crude will also be sent to a rail terminal owned and operated by Genesis in Port Hudson, Louisiana. The terminal, dubbed Scenic Station, is connected to a pipeline that runs to the ExxonMobil refinery complex.

ExxonMobil will be given preferential treatment, but does not have exclusive rights to the terminal, Spitler said.

He said the Genesis terminal project will expand the refinery's access to a wider slate of feedstock, which EIA data shows currently consists mostly of medium to heavy crudes, including large imports from Saudi Arabia and Africa.

"This project helps us ensure the refinery stays connected to the best available supply sources and will benefit from logistics flexibility for North American crudes," Spitler said. "Some Canadian oil will be transported into the rail terminal and port facility."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/01/15/us-crude-rail-exxon-mobil-idUSKBN0KO1W620150115">http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/01/ ... W620150115">http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/01/15/us-crude-rail-exxon-mobil-idUSKBN0KO1W620150115

Anonymous

I always admired George Will as a pragmatic individual, largely untouched by the ideological silliness and flat out lies from the likes of Obongo and Sen Coons. As we have seen already, our oil WILL reach international tidewater and pricing no matter how many stupid lies celebutards/Dementocrats spin about it. Even without Flanagan/Seaway we already were sending more crude to the gulf in August than in July by about 39,000 bbls for a total of 208,000 that month. What Gulf refineries are doing now(importing oil from Venezuela via tanker) is worse for the environment than importing technologically advanced crudes from Western Canada.

Fuck OPEC, let's get Canada and the US on a joint energy strategy to put the terror supporting sheikhs out of business. ac_drinks
QuoteWASHINGTON — Not since the multiplication of the loaves and fishes near the Sea of Galilee has there been creativity as miraculous as that of the Keystone XL pipeline. It has not yet been built but already is perhaps the most constructive infrastructure project since the Interstate Highway System. It has accomplished an astonishing trifecta:

It has made mincemeat of Barack Obama's pose of thoughtfulness. It has demonstrated that he lacks even a rudimentary understanding of the most basic economic realities. It has dramatized environmentalism's descent into infantilism.

Obama entered the presidency trailing clouds of intellectual self-regard. His carefully cultivated persona was of a uniquely thoughtful, judicious, deliberative, evidence-driven man comfortable with complexity. The protracted consideration of Keystone supposedly displayed these virtues. Now, however, it is clear that his mind has always been as closed as an unshucked oyster.

America built the Empire State Building, then the world's tallest office building, in 410 days during the Depression. We built the Pentagon, still the world's largest low-rise office building, in 16 months while waging a war across two oceans. Keystone has been studied for more than six years. And Obama considers this insufficient?

Actually, there no longer is any reason to think he has ever reasoned about this. He said he would not make up his mind until the Nebraska court ruled. It ruled to permit construction, so he promptly vowed to veto authorization of construction.

The more he has talked about Keystone, the less economic understanding he has demonstrated. On Nov. 14, he said Keystone is merely about "providing the ability of Canada to pump their oil, send it through our land, down to the Gulf, where it will be sold everywhere else. That doesn't have an impact on U.S. gas prices." By Dec. 19, someone with remarkable patience had explained to him that there is a world market price for oil, so he said, correctly, that Keystone would have a "nominal" impact on oil prices, but then went on to disparage job creation by Keystone. He said it would create "a couple thousand" jobs (the State Department study says approximately 42,100 "direct, indirect, and induced") and said, unintelligibly, "those are temporary jobs until the construction actually happens." Well.

Obama revealed his economic sophistication years ago when he said that ATMs and airport ticket kiosks cost jobs. He does not understand that, outside of government, which is all that he knows or respects, all jobs are "temporary."

Keystone has dramatized environmentalism's descent into infantilism.

John Tamny, editor of RealClearMarkets and an editor of Forbes, notes that Borders had 10,700 employees and 399 bookstores until it had none of either, thanks in part to Amazon, whose 150,000 employees have probably participated in enough creative destruction to know that permanence is a chimera. Blockbuster — remember that? remember late fees? — had 60,000 employees and more than 9,000 stores until rivals such as Netflix appeared.

To oppose the pipeline is to favour more oil being transported by trains, which have significant carbon footprints, and accidents. To do this in the name of environmental fastidiousness is hilarious. America has more than 2 million miles of natural gas pipelines and approximately 175,000 miles of pipelines carrying hazardous liquids, yet we are exhorted to be frightened about 1,179 miles of Keystone?

Or about the oil itself? Appearing on "Fox News Sunday," Sen. Chris Coons objected that if Congress authorizes construction of Keystone this "would take consideration out of the hands of the administration," and "out of the current administration process."

Leave aside the question of how much of this process-that-proceeds-nowhere Coons considers enough. And ignore the peculiarity of a legislator dismayed that the legislative branch might actually set national policy. But note the following, not because Coons is eccentric but because he is representative of Democratic reasoning: "Keystone means unlocking the Canadian tar sands, some of the dirtiest sources of energy on the planet and allowing those tar sands to go across our American Midwest and then reach the international economy and our environment."

No jury would convict Coons of sincerity. Anyone intelligent enough to express that nonsense is too intelligent to believe it. Coons cannot believe that, absent Keystone, Canada will leave vast wealth — the world's third-largest proven crude oil reserve, larger than Iran's — untapped. The Canadian oil is going into the international market, and much of it into internal combustion engines around the world, even if this displeases Democratic senators who have demonstrated a willingness to look ludicrous rather than deviate from an especially silly component of today's environmental catechism.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/01/15/george-f-will-the-more-obama-talks-about-keystone-the-less-economic-understanding-he-demonstrates/">http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/01/15 ... onstrates/">http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/01/15/george-f-will-the-more-obama-talks-about-keystone-the-less-economic-understanding-he-demonstrates/

cc

Campaigner in Chief AKA Agenda or Die promised his base.

Stupid? - yes. Unethical? - yes. Help Arabs raise terror funds? - yes. Patriotic? - No

OK it? - Not a chance in hell
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

cc

Every thing he does is ALWAYS for the WRONG reason.

Your once great country is fucked as much of the harm he has done and will continue to do is not repairable.

A land of part time and / or very  low income jobs .... lowest av. income in a decade ... lowest number in the work force since the 70s (despite increased population)  ...  it is fucked forever I fear

He set out to bring it down. He was successful
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Every thing he does is ALWAYS for the WRONG reason.

Your once great country is fucked as much of the harm he has done and will continue to do is not repairable.

A land of part time and / or very  low income jobs .... lowest av. income in a decade ... lowest number in the work force since the 70s (despite increased population)  ...  it is fucked forever I fear

The most partisan, ideologically driven prez I have seen. The jackass party took a beating in the mid-terms, but he has the nerve to say fuck you to working with the other side. I know Renee hates Hillary, but fuck I wish the jackass party nominated her instead of this unqualified nincompoop back in 2008.

Lance Leftardashian

President Barack Hussein Obama is the best president the USA has ever had. Everybody all over the muslim world loves him, China loves him. Our only enemy that doesn't like him is Russia. He really cares about everybody and their issues and always tries to do the right thing.
I care, you pay

Anonymous

My husband's company has a lot of business in North Dakota and Southern Saskatchewan..

He told me their sales in the Bakken region have been dropped significantly.

Renee

Quote from: "Lance Leftardashian"President Barack Hussein Obama is the best president the USA has ever had. Everybody all over the muslim world loves him, China loves him. Our only enemy that doesn't like him is Russia. He really cares about everybody and their issues and always tries to do the right thing.

http://www.troll.me/images/futurama-fry/not-sure-if-12-year-old-fail-troll-or-just-retarded.jpg">
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "cc li tarte"Every thing he does is ALWAYS for the WRONG reason.

The most partisan, ideologically driven prez I have seen. The jackass party took a beating in the mid-terms, but he has the nerve to say fuck you to working with the other side. I know Renee hates Hillary, but fuck I wish the jackass party nominated her instead of this unqualified nincompoop back in 2008.

Don't worry Shen once the smoke clears in 2016 Obumbler's house of cards will be dismantled regardless of which party wins the Whitehouse. Even that ho-bag Hillary hates Obama and much of his policies. As much as I think she is a murdering piece of shit, I believe that if she wills she will government from the center much as her slimy, philandering, husband did.

The Keystone pipeline will get built one why or the other.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Don't worry Shen once the smoke clears in 2016 Obumbler's house of cards will be dismantled regardless of which party wins the Whitehouse. Even that ho-bag Hillary hates Obama and much of his policies. As much as I think she is a murdering piece of shit, I believe that if she wills she will government from the center much as her slimy, philandering, husband did.

Our oil will reach Gulf tidewater whether it is built or not. It's happening now despite the lies of that scumbag senator Coons from Delaware. What a lying piece of shit that clown is.

BTW, it seems you have given up hope of the GOP taking the white house next year? I think Mitt Romney entering the race is bad for the party.

Renee

Our oil will reach Gulf tidewater whether it is built or not. It's happening now despite the lies of that scumbag senator Coons from Delaware. What a lying piece of shit that clown is.

That's what you get when you vote for the left in the US. The dummber ones (which included most of them) will lie, cheat and steal to preserve the veil of their ideological fantasies. Most politicians on the American left are owned body and soul by far left environmental groups. If they want to remain in power, they will do the bidding of their envior-Nazi masters.

Anonymous

That's what you get when you vote for the left in the US. The dummber ones (which included most of them) will lie, cheat and steal to preserve the veil of their ideological fantasies. Most politicians on the American left are owned body and soul by far left environmental groups. If they want to remain in power, they will do the bidding of their envior-Nazi masters.

As well as celebutards....they dumbest, most self-absorbed, self-indulgent, overpaid, useless to society, "do not pay their fair share" wastes of skin in the entire country.

As much as I think Romney might be effective as I see him as pragmatic, I do not believe he is doing his party any favours by considering a run again. He simply cannot put on the phony charm and fake drawl like Obongo can to woo voters.

Lance Leftardashian

It's wonderful that the American people are now ready to vote for a man of colour or a woman.  Important steps on the road to dismantling the yoke of white male oppression.
I care, you pay